What is PHP-MST?
PHP-MST is a simple PHP implementation of My Status Tool by Andy Sylvester.
In Andy's words:
My Status Tool is an application that provides the basic posting and reading functionality within Twitter, but using RSS and rssCloud as the enabling technologies.
PHP-MST has the following functionality:
- make a short post (although there is technically no limit)
- add posts to a local file and build an RSS feed (min 10, max 50 items)
- each post has a page
- posts can be edited by double-clicking them in the timeline
- posts are sorted by timestamp along with those from any other subscribed feeds
- local storage for remote posts and display limited to 100
- initial reply functionality using a new 'mst' namespace
- an admin page for feed subscription & removal and other settings
PHP-MST uses Emanuil Rusev's Parsedown library for Markdown and my forked version of David Grudl's RSS-PHP.
It doesn't auto-refresh but prompts when your subscribed feeds have been updated so you can manually reload the page.
- clean up some inline CSS in /admin
- possible support for rss enclosures (podcast)